Williston photos
Notice of Adoption - Unified Development Bylaw, Official Map
Notice of Adoption

Williston Unified Development Bylaw Amendments

On March 19, 2024 the Williston Selectboard adopted amendments to the Town’s Unified Development Bylaw to amend the Town-Wide Official Map, and the regulating plan and street specifications maps in the Form-Based Code (Appendix F), pursuant to 24 V.S.A §4442 and the Williston Unified Development Bylaw. Adoption followed a public hearing that was held to receive comments on the amendments that took place on March 19, 2024.

The amendments are summarized as follows:

  • Amend Williston’s Official Map to remove future “Tier 2 Streets” from lands owned by Vermont State University on Blair Park Road, Helena Drive,                        and Route 2
  • Amend the Regulating Plan and Street Specifications Maps in Williston’s Form-Based Code (Appendix F) to remove future “Tier 2 Streets” from lands owned by Vermont State University on Blair Park Road, Helena Drive, and Route 2

The amendments to the Bylaw will go into effect on April 9, 2024 unless a petition signed by at least five percent of the voters of Williston is filed with the Town Clerk by April 8, 2024 asking for a vote to disapprove the adoption. If a petition is received, the Selectboard will warn a special meeting and the voters may vote on that question pursuant to 24 V.S.A. § 4442.

The above is a summary. Copies of the maps effected by this proposed amendment to the Williston Unified Development Bylaw Appendix F are available for review during regular business hours at the Town Hall and can also be found on the Town's website at http://town.williston.vt.us by navigating to public records and then documents / legal notices. Members of the public can contact the Williston Planning Department at (802) 878-6704, or at planning@willistonvt.org with any questions.

Erik Wells
Town Manager
Williston, VT


Publication Date – March 28, 2024 (Williston Observer)

Home | About Williston | Boards, Commissions and Committees | Contact Us | Departments/Services | Frequently Asked Questions | General Information | Natural Resources | Public Records and Documents | Website Map | Community | Forms | How do I...? | Online Payments
Printer-friendly Version