Williston photos

1.  Vital Records Requests

A certified copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate is available for $10. 

You can obtain a certified Vermont Birth/Death vital record at ANY Town Clerk's office in the state effective 7/1/2019. You must be one of the approved recipients on the form below and be present if applying in person with your ID.

We can issue a Marriage certificate if you resided in Williston at the time of the marriage. Please call to verify we have your marriage license on file.

Vital (Birth/Death) Request Form  -  A copy of your ID is mandatory if you are mailing your request in. If you come in person you need to present your ID. 

Marriage Vital Request Form

 **To obtain a vital record by mail; print out the form above, mail or place in our drop box with a copy of your ID and money. We will then mail the vital record to you. 

You can also order a birth/death/marriage certificate online thru Vermont Department of Health Vital Records - Vital Records

To search the vital records public portal thru the State of Vermont's website click here

2. Marriage License Applications

      We issue marriage licenses to couples who are getting married in Vermont. You have 60 days to use a marriage license once it is issued. The license is $80 and a certified copy is an additional $10 each (usually needed for many reasons i.e a name change). Click here for the Marriage Application, fill it out and have both parties sign the application. One of the applicants must come in to pay, pick-up and sign the license in front of the person issuing it. 

Click here to read a handout the Health Dept made to help answer questions: Getting Married in Vermont

Click here for information to help Officiants fill out their section of the Marriage License: Officiant Checklist

**To start the process remotely, email your signed and completed application to: jmunson@willistonvt.org 


3.  Dog Licenses-  

      All dogs must be registered with the town every year by April 1st, per State Statute. You can get the license for the new year starting January 1st. A current Rabies Certificate must be provided and kept on file here. On-time (before April 1st) and new dogs fees are $13 fixed/$17 not fixed. For new dogs come in to the office with a current rabies certificate. If using the mail or drop box please include a copy of the rabies certificate along with owner's name, address, phone # if it is not listed on the rabies certificate.

4.  Vehicle Registration Renewal-   


       We are able to issue TEMPORARY vehicle renewals only. (If it is not overdue, just put in in the mail.)  You need to have the registration form from the DMV, a check/money order made out to DMV for the renewal amount and it can not be more than two months overdue. There is a $3 separate fee to the town, that can be cash or check. You can also renew it online thru DMV with no extra fee, follow the website provided on your registration form from the DMV. DMV Renewal Online

5.  Notarizing Documents  

      This is a free service provided by town clerk offices. All Town Clerk's offices have a notary. You need to present a valid photo ID and not have signed the form until you are in front of the Notary. We can not notarize Wills. 

6.  Land Records  

      Any document to be recorded with the town is $15 per page/side and must be letter or legal size. If you are discharging more then one reference on a document it is an additional $15 per reference. Mylars are $25 and must be 18x24. Checks are made out to: Town of Williston.  Please send original documents to be recorded, not photocopies. You can mail the documents or place them in our drop box in the back parking lot.

We can not perform searches in the land records for you. If you need to obtain a document or information from a document someone must come in and do the research. Copies in office are $1 per page cash or check.

Land Records are online at US Land RecordsSome searches may yield results as far back as the 1980s. On-line records are not all inclusive. For a complete title search of our official records, please visit our office. Miscellaneous and Town Proceeding books start about 2000 to present online. If you are in need of a document that does not have the image online, you must come into the office to obtain a copy or view it. Copies are $3 per page online. 

7.  Green Mountain Passport-  

   If you are over 62 years old (or a veteran of any age) we can issue you a Green Mountain Passport for free entry into all Vermont State Parks and Historical Sites.  You must live in Williston or get it in the Vermont town you reside in.  The Applicant must be present to obtain this pass, not a child or a spouse on their behalf. The pass is $2 to obtain and is valid for a lifetime.  The pass covers the Applicant Only, not a full car load of family and friends.   


Home | About Williston | Boards, Commissions and Committees | Contact Us | Departments/Services | Frequently Asked Questions | General Information | Natural Resources | Public Records and Documents | Website Map | Community | Forms | How do I...? | Online Payments
Printer-friendly Version